Sometimes salads need a refresh. Ditch the plain salad for this flavorful vegan “lox” salad with our NEW Lil’ Bit of Everything Roasted Chickpeas as a topper to add a extra crunch with a bold flavor.
Vegan “Lox” Salads Ingredients:
- Salty water (like REALLY salty)
- ¾ cup hot water
- 2 tbsp caper brine
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1.4 tbsp white miso paste
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Red Onion
- Biena Lil Bit of Everything
Vegan “Lox” Salad Directions:
- To make Vegan Lox Add carrots to salted (make it really salty) water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until you can easily puncture with a fork.
- Move to an ice bath.
- Whisk together 3/4 cup hot water, 2 tbsp caper brine, 2 tbsp rice vinegar, 1.5 tbsp white miso paste, 3 tbsp soy sauce, juice from half a lemon, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Slice chilled carrots into thin ribbon-like strips, add to marinade. Let sit for 2 hours - overnight.
- Add Lox to a bowl of arugula, capers, red onion, Biena Lil Bit of Everything Chickpea Snacks, and cucumber. Drizzle with EVOO, toss, enjoy!